Chesney is a week old as of yesterday! That week flew by and I am praying that the next 6-8 fly by also. She had a pretty rough day yesterday. When we got there her little right arm was swollen, it was huge. I guess she was sleeping so good, the nurse said, that she didn't want to bug her. Well her IV went bad and all the fluid gathered in her arm. It was so hard to see that, we don't want her to have to struggle more then she already has too. Well she inherited her mom's bad veins and it took almost 10 nurses and 3 hours to find another vein that would work for her IV. They finally found one in her head and that only lasted a couple of hours. Then they found another one that is still holding out. If she can get her feedings up to 24 cc's she won't have to have her IV anymore, so we are hoping that will come in time. Until then they just keep constant eye on her IV so if it goes bad they are on top of it.
Good news is I called and checked on her this morning and they said she is keeping her saturation up really well and they may take her off the oxygen that is in her nose. I know that is good news but it is also scary to me. I just pray she does well. We want her home so bad, it hurts.
Matt had to go to work today, I can't even imagine how tough that was on him. I know he is strong and always there for me and I am trying to be strong for him.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment