Sunday, September 13, 2009

Update




Chesney did not like the flash that went off on the camera! She has some of the funniest expressions and loves to smile!
Well after the baby shower yesterday we headed back down to Ogden and went to see little one! When we got there they had put the oxygen back on her. It was still only at room air but she needed a little extra whiff they said. I guess she had been desating quite a bit, so they were just gonna let her sit with some oxygen on. Well this broke my heart which most things do these days. She is just starting to eat well and gain some weight and then her breathing has to go bad. We went in this morning and Matt held her and she is still desating pretty bad, they have her up to 50% oygen, which makes me feel better but she was still having her issues. They say she is being a bad girl :) The doctor ran a bunch of blood work on her and they say everything looks great, so they atleast know that her body is not trying to fight off an infection or something. A couple of nurses say that her body is working hard on digesting and gaining weight that is why she is struggling in the breathing area. It breaks my heart to know that my little angel has to struggle in anyway, it is so not fair for her to have to go through all of this. I am trying to be strong and keep it together but it is getting harder and harder. We have decided that we are not gonna go back in and see her tonight and let her just try to rest, Matt headed back home. I can not wait for the day that we get to take her home and get settled in. I know it is wearing on everyone. My mom, bless her heart has been with us from day one and she is staying in Ogden with me, and I know how hard it is to be away from home. I will never be able to thank her!!
One good note is that they have changed her feedings from a constant drip to 17cc an hour for two hours then she gets an hour of rest. They are working her up to the usual feeding process which is every three hours. Hopefully that hour of rest her body gets from trying to digest will help with the breathing problems. Last night she weighed 1420 grams, 3.2 pounds almost back to her birth weight, so she is gaining!! Keep praying for our little angel that she will continue to grow and progress!!



1 comment:

Valley Academy said...

Jen, So sorry I couldn't make it, I am coming up next weekend and have a present so I hope that we can hook up. I will text ya. Thanks for the bolg so we can keep in touch. It made me cry today, my heart goes out to you. Just remember this is but a small part of your test. You will make it through and the day will come when you are home. Before you know it she will be going off to kindergarten...I'm serious. Love you guys call if you need anything.