Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Blood Transfusion
Another update! The doctor called me about 10:30 this morning and asked me if it was ok to give Chesney a blood transfusion! What!! He said that they needed to give her some blood, he said it was just like your car when it is empty you need to fill it up, she just needed her tank filled. He said that because of her tummy infection that she had it took alot out of her little body and it just never recovered fully. They say that we will see a huge change in her, she will be more alert, her color will be better and she will eat better, her heart rate will go down, and her apnea will be better. Well here I was thinking everything was great with her. I had asked the nurses before why her heart rate got so high when she was bothered and they just chalked it up to her temper! Well today when they did blood work they noticed that her hemcritc (dont know that word for sure) was low and she needed blood. Needless to say I lost it, I rushed over so I could hold her. They got the IV in on the first try and she calmed right down after, they said she had grown veins, so that is good. I sat there and held her for about an hour and then her daddy got there and he got to hold her for 20 mins before they started. I cried for that whole hour I held her, every nurse in there gave me a hug. Here I was thinking we would be going home soon and then this! But they say in a day or two she will be doing so much better, maybe we will. Anyways the blood got there and that was the end for me, I couldn't stand to see that. Anyways they gave her 20cc's over four hours then they gave her a diurectic to flush the fluid out and leave the blood then they gave her another 20cc's over another four hours. She started about 12:40 and got done at 10:00 p.m. We got to go in and try to feed her a bottle but she was just too pooped to take it I don't blame her. It is just so hard to see this tiny little baby have to go through all this stuff. I pray someday it will be a distant memory!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment